Grilled Cheese Recipe with Canarian Mojos
Canary Grilled Cheese Recipe with Mojo
The best cooking recipes from the Canary Islands at www.TuCanarias.com
The origin of this singular and exquisite dish of Canarian cuisine is related to its cheese-making tradition and its culinary habits linked to its ancestral mojos. The combination of both extended several decades ago is now a protagonist on the tables of the islands and one of the best known dishes by those who visit the archipelago. In addition to the mojos, for those who like them with a sweet touch of cheese, Palm Honey from La Gomera is added.
1. Cut the cheese into several slices half a centimeter thick and put them to roast in a frying pan.
2. When it is golden on one side, turn it over so that it browns well on both sides.
3. When the cheese slices are well done, they are placed on a plate and covered with the green mojo sauce, with the red mojo sauce and with the honey from La Gomera palm.
4. It should be eaten freshly made, piping hot.
1. Make a mashed with all the ingredients.
2. On top of the mashed, gradually add the oil and vinegar.
The artisanal white wine liqueur Mistela, a fruity white Canarian liqueur or a delicate semi-sweet or sweet malvasia are the most recommended options to successfully pair this tasty Canarian grilled cheese.